• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ugh. What an idiot I am.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I tested my water of the weekend as the torch started looking bad. Alk was 6.1, calc 420, PH 8, Mag 1050. So of course I added some mag manually and increased my doser amount because I switched to making my own with Baking Soda. I tested again today and the Alk was still 6.2. went to increase the dosing amount and realized volume solution was 0 and it stopped dosing. I probably missed it over the weekend. I just edit the amount so now I have 300 days until empty. will test again in a few days.
I actually moved the torch up off the sand this weekend to.

I just did a mag test in my tank for the first time in about a year and was at 1220 which I find rather strange since I just assumed a water change would help replenish that but apparently not enough. Phosphates were at 0 while Nitrates holding strong at 17ppm. Sometimes you just overlook the smallest things when we see our prized corals not looking right.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I decided to move up to the big boys table and finally bought a Ecotech versa doser. This was back around May. Still haven't hooked it up because I am so paranoid that I will mess up the setup. Still dosing by hand each night.

Glad you got it all straighten out

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I decided to move up to the big boys table and finally bought a Ecotech versa doser. This was back around May. Still haven't hooked it up because I am so paranoid that I will mess up the setup. Still dosing by hand each night.

Glad you got it all straighten out
Just do it!!!