• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ultimate Catch and Release

lol - this seems totally faked.

First off - I would not be flying a helicopter directly over a point where hoards of seagulls are flying in/out to eat.

Secondly - I have never fished for marlin - but I believe you have to sit in a captains chair a loooooooooong time to wear them down.

Finally - did you notice he jumped in with sunglasses? Uh yeah...not a good idea. Then miraculously, while riding the fish - the sunglasses are gone! (and a camera man also jumped in in perfect position?).

More likely: guy reels in marlin, tires it out completely, sets up photo of heli-fishing. Voila - viral youtube video.

This is like that composite pic of the great white leaping up to eat the police divers in SanFrancisco.

JohnS_323 said:
Kill Joy! And I just signed up for $75,000 trip to do that myself!

Oh wait - I was just joking. It's TOTALLY REAL, and for only $63,250 (your nrjc discount) - I'll be happy to uh...arrange the trip. yes - just send cash or money order to my runner in the dark sunglasses/raincoat standing in front of the Edison Train Station...5pm Eastern time would be great.

But wait, there's more! - for this special time only, $63,250 gets you a two for one deal. Both you and the president can go! yes - really! it's all true!

momof6kids

NJRC Member
phil519 said:
JohnS_323 said:
Kill Joy! And I just signed up for $75,000 trip to do that myself!

Oh wait - I was just joking. It's TOTALLY REAL, and for only $63,250 (your nrjc discount) - I'll be happy to uh...arrange the trip. yes - just send cash or money order to my runner in the dark sunglasses/raincoat standing in front of the Edison Train Station...5pm Eastern time would be great.

But wait, there's more! - for this special time only, $63,250 gets you a two for one deal. Both you and the president can go! yes - really! it's all true!

lol ;D

Had to be a set up!

And I am so glad my significant other doesn't follow these boards, if she only knew what I've spent $70,000 on ;D