• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

unfortunately i have to leave the hobby

ryanpal

NJRC Member
hey gang, it saddens me to have to take a break from the reef scene due to twins on the way etc.

i sent a msg to one of the admins but this forum seems a bit buggy so im not sure if it was received.

i wanted to post here before i posted on RC but for some reason i dont have access to the deals and steals page.

i'm just lookng for fair prices on the equipment and to pass the savings along to you guys.

any suggestions?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
The reason why you don’t have access to the deals and steals, you must be a paid member

ryanpal

NJRC Member
The reason why you don’t have access to the deals and steals, you must be a paid member
ty for the quick response, i guess its no longer active.

its been on autopay for years via paypal. ive actually been inactive for the past few years after the tank crash but it was still doing the payments.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
It's easy to check your Paypal. When was the last payment? If you did pay recently, it may have not updated in the system. Then we would need your payPal email address you used and if you have the date of payment it would make it easy to find your payment. there was a price increase last year which could be why it didn't renew

Keep the tank. You're gonna need something to keep your mind active. If all I did was work and change diapers, and do dishes, and work and give baths, and work and change diapers, I'd jump off a building.

Ive got two toddlers myself, this reef stuff keeps me sane some days

Last edited:

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Hi Ryan, congratulations. I remember you. I kept all my old tanks after a crash and ended up selling them years later. I was hanging on to them, hoping to get back in, which I did. I got a new tank. There are so many new toys now, the old tanks couldn't compare. Some day when your kids are older you can put them to work helping out with maintenance.

ryanpal

NJRC Member
Keep the tank. You're gonna need something to keep your mind active. If all I did was work and change diapers, and do dishes, and work and give baths, and work and change diapers, I'd jump off a building.

Ive got two toddlers myself, this reef stuff keeps me sane some days
i appreciate the in sight, however, i have a real estate business which keeps me active 24/7 :)

with that said, i do think about fragging with the little ones when they grow up...if they find an interest in the hobby

ryanpal

NJRC Member
Hi Ryan, congratulations. I remember you. I kept all my old tanks after a crash and ended up selling them years later. I was hanging on to them, hoping to get back in, which I did. I got a new tank. There are so many new toys now, the old tanks couldn't compare. Some day when your kids are older you can put them to work helping out with maintenance.
hey its been a while! the truth is, i wouldnt have any issues keeping the equipment, however, we have a 4.5 year old and we're running out of space. right now everything is in the dining room :p

ryanpal

NJRC Member
Bro. I got a 2 year old. Every night I go downstairs and stare at my tank to relax. You gonna regret it if you sell.
i hear yah!... however, the tank crashed about 3 years (give or take) and we never had a free moment to set it back up.

the best option for us right now is to pass the equipment along to some other reefers who can make use of it while it still in good shape and not completely outdated

Mejia.j

NJRC Member
hey gang, it saddens me to have to take a break from the reef scene due to twins on the way etc.

i sent a msg to one of the admins but this forum seems a bit buggy so im not sure if it was received.

i wanted to post here before i posted on RC but for some reason i dont have access to the deals and steals page.

i'm just lookng for fair prices on the equipment and to pass the savings along to you guys.

any suggestions?
What equipment do you have to sell. Text me 201-790-8647 I can maybe scoop some things from you