• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

University Coral Farm Needs Your Support!!

Yesterday we purchased a few more specimens to add to our farm!

Birdsnest sp.
Pink Kenya Tree Leather
Green Leather
Goniapora sp.
Gorgonia sp.

We are also working on the two smaller tanks. One will be a grow out system while the other will be housing local species once our fish protocol has been approved. The addition of these two systems we hope will gain the interest of our faculty to utalize the aquaria lab for their classes. Unlike the frag tank, these systems will not be high tech but will showcase the more affordable side of aquarium husbandry.

Instead of purchasing ready made sumps we will be constructing our own using 20 gallon longs and baffle kits. Jebao return pumps will be the heart of the system. We will have ATO set up with filter sock holder. We have also gotten two Jebao slim wave makers. We are currently looking for affordable lighting and skimmer options but are also open to donations! The goal is to have at least on of these systems up and running buy the end of the summer.

Thank you again to all who have helped support this project!

We have recently launched a new donation page through the Stockton University Foundation for the coral farm. There is no deadlines or anything just click the link and a page will pop up where you can make a one time donation or securing donation. This will help with the ongoing operations of our coral tanks such as foods, supplies and maybe even more livestock. Any and all donations are always appreciated!!

Donation Page Link

It’s been a while since the last update! Our aquaria/aquaculture lab is doing well so far. We’ve added two smaller systems. There was some issues with the LSS but is running ok for now. One tank houses local specimens from the estuary. The other will be our coral reef display where we will be growing out colonies for fragging!

Current coral specimens include mushrooms, Kenya tree leather, gorgonia, Duncan, frogspawn and torch coral. We are always happy for coral donations! Feel free to reach out.

Thank you again to everyone who has helped support this program the Stockton Aquarium & Aquaculture Club is proud to maintain!

Instagram: @stocktonaac

97C92E87-BF13-4D03-BD25-063A8FDCAE68.jpeg

Bot587

NJRC Member
Usama, I am a Stockton Alum. Been watching this thread for some time, figured I could give back.

Are you guys housing any Acroporas. I can give you a list of everything I have and let me know what you want me to frag out for you.

Usama, I am a Stockton Alum. Been watching this thread for some time, figured I could give back.

Are you guys housing any Acroporas. I can give you a list of everything I have and let me know what you want me to frag out for you.
That would be wonderful!! Do you just have acroporas? We currently don’t have any as we wanted to start off with more easier to maintain but are starting to venture into some challenging ones.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have frags of devil hands, hairy shrooms and green nepthea if you're interested.