• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vacation planning

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
If you really want to get crazy, you can setup a camera on the tank or have your buddy facetime you (if you are in the US). Mikem also nailed it, have a backup reefer that can be called if your buddy thinks something is wrong.

@Steven Simon is on my apex. I think that is the coolest thing.

I think everyone who has an apex should all get together and have a view only account on everyone’s apex.

Seems a little intrusive but all my cameras are only on the tanks so you would only see me if I was cleaning them.

Just a thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some good ideas here. i've had 2 extended vacation disaster, both on a 10 gallon, so i am very interested in this topic. and currently without a reefer or even aquarist buddy to help when i'm away.

one idea that has crossed my mind and i may try when i go away this summer is to make a short video that would walk them through the various tasks they might need to do. turn off pumps to feed, turn back on. swap out an ato resevoir, etc.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
some good ideas here. i've had 2 extended vacation disaster, both on a 10 gallon, so i am very interested in this topic. and currently without a reefer or even aquarist buddy to help when i'm away.

one idea that has crossed my mind and i may try when i go away this summer is to make a short video that would walk them through the various tasks they might need to do. turn off pumps to feed, turn back on. swap out an ato resevoir, etc.

To be honest for people inexperienced in the hobby keeping it simple is best. I had one person who would over feed my tank cause the fish were hungry, even though I left individual packages. So what I did was a big water change before vacation and again upon my return. have to anticipate these things best we can and try to prepare in advance.