• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Velvet aftermath

Unfortunately I lost the majority of my fish to velvet....did a good deal of research as it was going on but was late to diagnose. I read about going fallow after the fish are dead, to allow the parasite to die off, but strangely two of my fish have survived (a yellow coris wrasse and a Firefish), so I’m not sure how to proceed to protect the survivors and minimize risk for later additions. I don’t want to stress them through removal, quarantine, and treatment since they’re healthy as is. I have inverts and corals so don’t think any treatment would be safe in the DT. Suggestions? Thoughts? My last loss was two weeks ago.

I say set up 2 10 gallon quarantines. Treat the fish and get some replacements into quarentine and put a UV online for your main system. I would also do a deep clean on the tank, get max flow going plus a couple big water changes. Keep the faith Haus.