• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vertex Calcium Reactor - Loud

snowxcross

NJRC Member
Hi there, hoping for some help. I just setup the vertex rc and after it was filled via the Kamoer fx dosing pump, I plugged in the sicce pump that came with the vertex. It's loud, sounds exactly like if your sump was low on water and the pump was starving for water and getting too much air. I called marine Depot twice both times they said let it run like that for a day. I also called vertex and they had me take the pump out and check for the o-rings on each end of the propeller, which were there. Vertex is still working with me, but I feel I can fix this. Any help would be appreciated! Here's a video to it, hopefully you can hear it.

Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/j8MfqSQA4yYdYiMY7

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Its sounds like air trapped in it or to much co2. Try turning the recirculating pump off and let the kamoer run and let it push some of the air out. Might have to shake it a little.

snowxcross

NJRC Member
Its sounds like air trapped in it or to much co2. Try turning the recirculating pump off and let the kamoer run and let it push some of the air out. Might have to shake it a little.
Co2 is off, been off actually. I have the Kamoer running for a full day though, I'll try again tonight plugging in the sicce pump. Ya def air to me too...

When I get air in my I pull the line out at the highest point turn off the recirculating pump and let the kamoer run till it pushes all the air out. Usually takes couple minutes.

snowxcross

NJRC Member
When I get air in my I pull the line out at the highest point turn off the recirculating pump and let the kamoer run till it pushes all the air out. Usually takes couple minutes.
Which line you think? I got the probe, and two other lines on the main chamber lid.

snowxcross

NJRC Member
Whichever is the highest
Maybe the probe then? I'll try it.
f4858d4a802c0762f746f3ab7c51cde0.jpg

snowxcross

NJRC Member
Maybe the probe then? I'll try it.
f4858d4a802c0762f746f3ab7c51cde0.jpg

So I did the two red ones, waited till water came out each hole, put tubing back in and wow! You're a genius, it still makes some swooshing noise, but nothing like before. I'll keep you posted! Thanks again.