• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Virtual Meeting 8/3 7:45 pm

Attending?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I’m happy to announce our second virtual meeting, a chance to discuss hobby-related topics, club matters, and talk shop with other local hobbyists. Please join us to have fun, contribute to the topic by sharing experiences, visuals, and/or questions. Showing your aquarium in the camera view is strongly encouraged! Topics will be chosen by poll, so please vote for your preference. Off-topic conversation is encouraged after the topic has been completed.

Rules/requests for Virtual Meets:

1. Begin with introductions.

2. Keep mic on mute except when you are speaking to avoid background noise or feedback.

3. Be mindful that cameras are on and people are watching, so dress appropriately and turn your camera off, or leave the meeting if you need privacy (you can join back in later).

4. Families may participate, so use family-friendly language and wear family-friendly attire. No shirt, no service!

5. Use your NJRC username and/or your first name when asked to enter your name for the meeting.

6. Please review these suggestions for virtual conferences (Source: St. Leo University Office of Information Technology)

The 8 Do's of Video Conferencing Etiquette
Do be courteous to other participants
Do speak clearly
Do keep body movements minimal
Do move and gesture slowly and naturally
Do maintain eye contact by looking into the camera
Do dress appropriately
Do make the session animated
Do be yourself and have fun!

The 7 Don'ts of Video Conferencing Etiquette

Don't make distracting sounds
Don't shout
Don't make distracting movements
Don't interrupt other speakers
Don't carry on side conversations
Don't wear "noisy" jewelry
Don't cover the microphone

Well said.... great having guidelines. I really liked the first virtual meeting and look forward to this next one. Having a predetermined topic (or two) is a great way to streamline the meetings and be prepared.

Dan S is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NJRC Virtual Meet 2
Time: Aug 3, 2020 07:45 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 721 822 6270
Passcode: NJRC

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Well said.... great having guidelines. I really liked the first virtual meeting and look forward to this next one. Having a predetermined topic (or two) is a great way to streamline the meetings and be prepared.
Thank @Haus, he came up with it. I just re-posted for him.