• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vodka Dosing education needed

I need to come out more...

OK Guys, what is Vodka dosing all about? Pnoy was explaining that it lowers P04, But I wanted to see of someone had some links on the dosing amounts etc.

Thanks,

Erik R.

Wow. Really great read.

I would love to do it but I don't have the disapline to do the job that needs to be done.

If anyone trys it please document it well.

I am somewhat doing same thing as VSV and im on my 3rd week and so far everything looks good...

Side shot taken today with 20k's only ...

017-4.jpg

Pnoy:

Beautiful side shot. Got any SPS frags you want to sell. I'm looking to replace a few that I lost. Don't know if I can hold out until the Frag Swap. ;)

pnoyreefer, the water is nice and clean. The color of the corals are amazing. Can you tell us a little bit more on your dosing? Like the amount of vodka you dose. What type of vodka you use? Are you getting the white stringy stuff on your rocks like some people get? What type of skimmer do you have and how is it reacting to it? Sorry for all the questions. Just very interested in it. I would like to do this when I start my new tank. Don't know if you want to start another thread as not to hijacks erid thread. Unless he doesn't mind.

thanks guys.. Dont want to hijack erids thread.. I am documenting everything and in a month or 2 if the result are amazing I will post all the info and thread about it..

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The problem I would have is :
1 dose for the tank, 2 doses for me.
2 doses for the tank, 3 doses for me......

Pnoy, be my guest buddy. Go ahead and highjack. I heard it from you on the phone.

Your tank looks SICK! (good sick) lol!

erid said:
Pnoy, be my guest buddy. Go ahead and highjack. I heard it from you on the phone.

Your tank looks SICK! (good sick) lol!

Thanks .. I will talk about it when I am 100% confortable that what Im doing is right. Just don't want people buying/ trying stuff and later on something happen and I get blame for it. Like I said everything is documented :D