• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

wanna go to a way cool restaurant?

Well the wife and I just got back from a place called Splash on Rt. 513 in Long Valley NJ. They have excellent seafood. But what is really cool is that all the walls have giant plasma TV's on them that play constant reef and ocean videos like the ones you would see on the documentary channels. All kinds of videos of corals reefs, sharks, whales etc.

They also have what looks like a 60 -70 gallon reef tank behind the bar, however the only corals in it are tons of aptasia. I talked to the owner and asked him if he had anybody taking care of the tank. He told me he has a guy come in once a week and service it for him, and that they are going to get some peppermints for the tank. Anyways I just thought I would give you guys the heads up if your looking to go some place different. for those of you who don't know where Long Valley is its about 20 minutes North of Rt. 78

LanaLounge in Hoboken has a 400+ gallon.... but it's fresh water :-\ :( ??? :'(

There is a restaurant in Point Pleasant (hibatchi) that has a 2000gallon system. A friend told me about it, I've never seen it.

Keep this thread going with cool Restaurants, Dr.s Offices, Offices, Vets, and whatnot that all have fishtanks.

Mike,
Do you know the name of it? I live in Point Pleasant and I've never heard anything about it.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Check out a Splash of Thai in Westfield on North Ave by the Train station. They have probably a 150 gallon tank when you first walk in. Its pretty nice. Pretty good Thai food too.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Greg, it is Shogun legends on Rt. 34 in Wall. We have been there several times and everytime there are less and less fish. There is no liverock in the tank and all the decor in the tank is made of fiberglass. Whoever is maintaining it, is doing a terrible job. It is so sad to hear that all the fish keep dying.

Lana Lounge and Teak are probably the most confused bar/clubs in NJ. I repeat NJ. This is why i dont like to party in Hoboken, they think they are in NYC. Too expensive

If im gonna drink and party im going NYC to to spend 7 bucks on a beer and 5 on a bottle of water.

I will say though the food in Teak is good. They also have alot of good DJs. TEAK and Lana are owned by the same guy i beleive.

I def feel like those fish tanks are not conducive to keeping fish alive.

ReeferNets said:
Lana Lounge and Teak are probably the most confused bar/clubs in NJ. I repeat NJ. This is why i dont like to party in Hoboken, they think they are in NYC. Too expensive

If im gonna drink and party im going NYC to to spend 7 bucks on a beer and 5 on a bottle of water.

I will say though the food in Teak is good. They also have alot of good DJs. TEAK and Lana are owned by the same guy i beleive.

I def feel like those fish tanks are not conducive to keeping fish alive.

The same owner... damn. You would think the guy could afford to do Saltwater with $7 beers.

The tank in Lana lounge is nice but the fish don't even swim back and forth... they just sit and stare at all the meatheads dancing.lol.

dnov99 said:
Greg, it is Shogun legends on Rt. 34 in Wall. We have been there several times and everytime there are less and less fish. There is no liverock in the tank and all the decor in the tank is made of fiberglass. Whoever is maintaining it, is doing a terrible job. It is so sad to hear that all the fish keep dying.

Thanks Darren, I couldn't remember the name and when I posted that I figured it was too late to call you and ask.