• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Was ready to give up then...

Dwarfs are hard, not because they are delicate as much as the amount of time spent hatching those baby brine and because the tank is so small, I was doing partial water changes twice a day. It took so much time that I was ready to sell the whole set up.
So what did I do?
20200209_110105.jpg20200209_110117.jpg

I bought a bigger tank! It's a 7.5 gallon shrimp tank. Looks bigger, doesn't it?
I did live sand... I hated bare bottom. I'm gonna let it cycle for a bit before moving them over. Getting a green caulerpa next week. (thanks Mark V) The shrimp filter that came with it stinks so after the cycle I'll be putting a slower flowing HOB. I have a minon that blew the bbs around in the 2.5 gallon so was holding for the 5.
I'll be moving my sexy shrimp over to it and get a peppermint for my 20 gallon.
It's funny because the 20 gallon and 7.5 gallon look almost the same size.

radiata

NJRC Member
Where'd you get the crab you put on the smaller stand's door, or did it come with it?

Makes me want to put one on my tank's superstructure and get a real crab (Emerald Crab?) to put in my tank!

Where'd you get the crab you put on the smaller stand's door, or did it come with it?

Makes me want to put one on my tank's superstructure and get a real crab (Emerald Crab?) to put in my tank!
Christmas Tree Shop! It's a night stand. The crab was already on it, although I wished it was a seahorse.
Was selling for $49 but we were able to get the floor model for a steal. I painted the door to match my kitchen and put holes in back for pump cord and air hoses.

Dwarfs are hard, not because they are delicate as much as the amount of time spent hatching those baby brine and because the tank is so small, I was doing partial water changes twice a day. It took so much time that I was ready to sell the whole set up.
So what did I do?
View attachment 27219View attachment 27220

I bought a bigger tank! It's a 7.5 gallon shrimp tank. Looks bigger, doesn't it?
I did live sand... I hated bare bottom. I'm gonna let it cycle for a bit before moving them over. Getting a green caulerpa next week. (thanks Mark V) The shrimp filter that came with it stinks so after the cycle I'll be putting a slower flowing HOB. I have a minon that blew the bbs around in the 2.5 gallon so was holding for the 5.
I'll be moving my sexy shrimp over to it and get a peppermint for my 20 gallon.
It's funny because the 20 gallon and 7.5 gallon look almost the same size.

That’s the answer, instead of giving up just get more. Excellent solution Deetu much luckily

Christmas Tree Shop! It's a night stand. The crab was already on it, although I wished it was a seahorse.
Was selling for $49 but we were able to get the floor model for a steal. I painted the door to match my kitchen and put holes in back for pump cord and air hoses.
Do u mean seahorse handle like this

Attachments

• 6D16E24A-BA46-411A-94B5-D9C0E6C97EDD.jpeg
    6D16E24A-BA46-411A-94B5-D9C0E6C97EDD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 90BA1DC8-6137-4FFD-9045-4C5B094BAD9E.jpeg
    90BA1DC8-6137-4FFD-9045-4C5B094BAD9E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1