• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Watchman Gobies/ Sand Sifters

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have a 75g with a pink spot watchman- which is very good at watching- it's all over the tank, perches here and there and has a cubby ( which it did not make ) it occasionally takes a mouthful of sand but does not move or clean any sand in any amount. I'd like to add another sand sifter- maybe a diamond- but have read conflicting reports about having similar fish. Will it work, or is there another sand sifter that's a better fit

Love my diamond gobies. They keep my sand turned over and pristine white. I also like them because they stay at the sand bottom for the most part and don't spray sand everywhere like other gobies.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
thats a good question DYIguy everywhere you read says gobies dont work well with other gobies but majority of gobies are for like 20-30 gallon tanks im pretty sure if you add a diamond it would be completely fine specially cause watchmans are more prone to sit in one location " their sweet " spot for years usually while the diamond is more of a explorer im sure it would be fine

I had a yellow watchman goby in a 90g for years and added in 2 diamond gobies later on. They don't pay any attention to one another. Most of the time, all 3 share a burrow.