• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water Alarms

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Based on some conversations at the meeting today in Marlboro and the unfortunate flooding that has happened to others, here are links to very inexpensive water alarms

They are sold by both Lowes and Home Depot. Lowes carry multiple versions and at less than $12 a pop there isn't excuse to some piece of mind. Either case they are 100 deceble alarms so you can't miss them even if you sleep like a rock. They are also EXTREMELY sensitive, with as little as a few drops of water detected. Place one under your tank, on the floor under your sump, and any lower point where water can flow. Hang it in your RO water container while you fill it to remind you when it got to the top before you did, etc..

Lowes
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=117272-84862-BWD-HWA
Home Depot
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?jspStoreDir=hdus&catalogId=10053&marketID=401&productId=100038838&onlineStore=true&locStoreNum=8125&keyword=water+alarm&langId=-1&searchRedirect=water+alarm&storeId=10051&endecaDataBean=com.homedepot.sa.el.wc.catalog.beans.EndecaDataBean%4074118a90&ddkey=Search

Yea it's a great Idea, i never thought of using it for a tank, but it makes perfect sense. I have a high water alarm on my sump and i can't tell you how many times it's saved me from a flooded basement. I swear by them. I'm going to run out and get one for my tank.

Harry

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We have one under out 180 that's already saved us once. Why oh WHY there isn't one under our 65 I can't tell you! LOL! And the sump in the basement (of course I'd be setting that off way too often)!

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Even before I was doing Saltwater tanks, I owned them and had one next to the Water Heater (leak in tank) and next to the Washer (Burst washer hoses are the #1 homeowners insurance claim)