• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water Change pump- ideas

anyone know of a skinny pump that would fit in a standard 5 or 7 gallon jug ... i'm getting tired lifting over my head. ... slash per my wife if i could make less mess.... that would be great....

anyone know of a skinny pump that would fit in a standard 5 or 7 gallon jug ... i'm getting tired lifting over my head. ... slash per my wife if i could make less mess.... that would be great....
Get an ATO. There are plenty that are super affordable and reliable. Plus you get better stability

The bottle neck of those jugs are really narrow, you prob need an external pump if your set on using one. Might want to look into a brute trash can and run some cheap pump. You can mix the salt in it and just pump it in after. What size tank are you doing the water chnages at?

Looks like you can connect a barbed fitting to the input, so you just connect a hose to both ends, and it should pump water from a soda bottle!

You might have to have the interior fully filled before turning it on though.

Also, you can just dump whatever water you bring home into a 5g bucket and use a submersible pump from there.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
try an aqualifter pump on a timer. those are what I used to use on my biocubes years ago.