• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water container ?

I looking for 1 or 2 water storage containers for RO/DI water. At least 50-100gallons anyone know where I can get one at a decent price?

radiata

NJRC Member
I use 55G used food grade plastic drums. I get mine from Corrado's in Clifton. They are a good sized outfit (supermarket, gas station, wine store, florist, garden center, pet food supply, bulk food outlet and DIY wine/beer making store). The drums are in the wine making beer brewing store. I've paid $25 in the past, but the price has probably climbed a little. If you're into food - hit the supermarket. It is the only place I know of that has rabbit, sheep's head, and also has three live men behind the cheese counter. Here's their web: Corrado's Family Affair. The beer/wine making shop is a real trip in the fall - the floors are sticky with grapes and grape juices - they bring in loads of different grapes and crush them to order.

If I were to buy a drum again, I'd fill it with water and some bleach and let it sit for a while. They were typically used to transport Coke syrup for soda.

Ciao...

I just got a 50 gallon water storage container at Stevenson's plumbing supply in Columbus, NJ. It's on rt 206 by the Columbus farmers market. They have all different sizes in stock. The containers have markings on the side for every 10 gallons so you can see how much water you have, a screw on top to seal the container and the side near the bottom of the tank has a bulkhead that's threaded to be used as a drain or to mount a pump. It's the nices container you will find for water storage.