• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water Mixing Station

Have a basic mixing station in my basement for my setup. 1 trash can and I make water as I need it for my ATO. I am looking to upgrade my setup and have RO water on standby all the time, would someone be able to post a picture of their setups or recommend a setup? I have constructed a setup with 2 55 gallon vats for a family member but I am a little restricted on space. Any help is appreciated!

DangerDave

NJRC Member
You can find them all over the place. I got mine from ruralking.com, free shipping but it took 3-4 weeks. They used to drop ship, but they're showing out of stock as of this morning. I was just looking at them online, tanksforless.com has stock. They are charging $50 a piece to ship though.

For what it’s worth, Tractor Supply Co. will match online prices as long as they’re not on sale. Picked up a 65 gallon upright tank for $100. They came down a full $100 to meet the online price.

Edit

View attachment 21945

Vs

View attachment 21946

Like I said, they matched the price and didn’t have to pay shipping rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the input, have a few plans together will update with the final product once it is done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s real sweet. But give me the 411. Looks like that big return pump is pushing to the barrels. Do those pipes have down spouts inside the barrel? Sorry I’m new and trying to work out my water station so I’d love me a little education:)

I have return pipes going to both tanks but I only use the left tank for salt as of right now but if i wanted to use both for salt i can. I have the valve off to the right RODI tank. Inside the left tank there is a down pipe with a 90 on the end so it spins the water when it mixes.
I have another valve on the return that i have piped right to my tank so i can do water changes

I figured I would add to the party. I used a 45 inside the salt tank fill/return to spin the water as well.
Fill Opening Diameter: 5 in.
Length: 29 in.
Tank Capacity: 35 gal.
20 in. dia. x 23 in. H polyethylene leg tank
0904181526.jpg

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
i need to get this done! been on my list for ages just have never had the time to get around to it. i have 2 40 gallon brute cans, but they are independent of each other. run my RODI to one for my freshwater and then lug it to the one to make my saltwater. every year i say i'm going to do this. maybe this will be the one!

i need to get this done! been on my list for ages just have never had the time to get around to it. i have 2 40 gallon brute cans, but they are independent of each other. run my RODI to one for my freshwater and then lug it to the one to make my saltwater. every year i say i'm going to do this. maybe this will be the one!

DO IT jmags... it may be the biggest and best return on your money. Compared to many other portions of the hobby it’s cheap. It’s simple and will make your life easier. Put it together and you will miss less waterchanges do to hassle. Heck. It’s almost fun after years of lugging and spilling water.

Please show pics !

The DOS sits on the block directly below the tank in the basement. I used about 55 ft of RO tubing for each line. The waste water tube is only submerged about a 1/4 of an inch into sump in case it siphons(no trouble yet but if tubing or pump head ruptures=UH OH) . I also heard, due to 2 roller head on DOS its possible it can siphon? I plan to get the Apex solenoid to shut off the drain line when not in use.
I used a piece of 3/4 pipe to weight RO tubing into new saltwater tank.
I can't hear the DOS when its running low speed during continuous auto water change. I change 1 gallon per day.
If I put it on 4 gallons with a short time period It will bang lines and get loud. I would just use buckets if the
tank needs a large water change anyway. Saves wear and tear.

Attachments

• 0324191914a.jpg
    0324191914a.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 22
  • 0324191914.jpg
    0324191914.jpg
    736.8 KB · Views: 19