• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WB 130.4 Build

Adam L

NJRC Member
2 XR30s. I had a 15 so just got another. WB website said it was enough. What made you go with 30s? How do you like those shrouds? Not seen them before.

john90009

NJRC Member
I plan to move my acros from the other tank and a lot of them will require strong light all over. With 2 xr15s you will be able to get really strong areas directly under the light but as you move away from it the par will drop. I needed a consistent line of par across my tank. Here is a quick picture of my par, the low numbers at the top are actually the point where my frag racks will sit in the back.

Attachments

• AE4E395E-5658-441D-8E78-8C448298C707.jpeg
    AE4E395E-5658-441D-8E78-8C448298C707.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 12

horseplay

NJRC Member
Love the WB tanks I have WB 100.3.

I had one XR30 and two XR15's on my WB 100.3. still a lot of shadows. Now I have two XR15's and a 4 tube T5 hybrid very bright and still getting the the LED shimmer which I like.

Adam L

NJRC Member
Love the WB tanks I have WB 100.3.

I had one XR30 and two XR15's on my WB 100.3. still a lot of shadows. Now I have two XR15's and a 4 tube T5 hybrid very bright and still getting the the LED shimmer which I like.
T5 hybrid was something I was looking at. Do you have any pics?

john90009

NJRC Member
I would opt for the hybrid, would also retrofit reefbrites bars on the outside of the t5 to really make it overkill. Where the tank is now tho we wanted to keep the tank clean looking with the arms and not hang the light from the ceiling . The hybrid would give all around the best coverage

horseplay

NJRC Member
Here’s a picture through my webcam. There is only one wire and overall this setup look slicker than just the Radions.

6953F59C-C307-43A2-BC1F-BCF944E20B48.jpg

john90009

NJRC Member
Tank looks good and corals are growing. Don’t worry too much about the numbers then. Eventually the algea on your rocks will die back and free up the nutrients in your water column.

Adam L

NJRC Member
Still looking at some. Stocked up too fast at beginning and got a tang with ich. Killed most of my fish. Sucked it up and bought a uv. All fish been good since but new powder brown gets some white spots like once a week then they go away. Bad yesterday so feed them some metroplex. Way better this morning.