• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What corals should i get?

What do you think i should get for my 20g long reef set up I've got mostly 130w PC i want something that's cool, colorful eye catching. if you could tell me of some corals you love like that post their names so i can look up :D
Thanks!!!
Nick

If you take a look at my tank, I have the same fixture that you (I think). Your tanks is probably only 3 inches taller than mine is, so the light in the tank should be pretty close. I will post a pic of the tank when I get home from work.

Everything in the tank has been doing pretty well so far. It seems that I have finally kicked my algae issue so I am more inclined to post pics of it now. I have a litle bit of everything in there: SPS, LPS and softies and again, they seem to be doing pretty well.

My zoos when I got them were a flat brown color and now are starting to really color up nicely. My green pocilipora had a slight greenish cast with a very light tan interior, now it has a very dark brownish interior with a very deep green cast to it. The hammer was rather a pale green and has really colored up nicely under that fixture.

I think your best bet is to look at a lot of pics, save pics your really like and check out the stock list. Corals are a personal preference and that will change over time as well. When I first started in the hobby, I LOVED softies and did mostly softies, later I decided that I really liked the color and the motion of the LPS (hammer, frogspawn and torch to be exact), as well as the look of the brains (open and favias specifcially) and moved to LPS. Now, I am turning into an SPS fiend, though I still love the LPS. When I upgrade the tank it will be a mix of LPS/SPS with SPS dominating the reef.

I know that really wasn't an answer you were looking for, but I hope it helped a bit anyway.

Tom

My Stock List:

• Hammer
    blastomussa merletti
    ricordia, green
    pocillipora - green and pink
    hydno - electric green
    3 caps
    colt