• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What do you feed your nems?

I may try a mixture of foods. My guess is that the diet solely reliant on one source could keep them from getting the nutrients they need.

my clown will actually bring it food. its really neat to watch. its almost like it is a trained trick it does. they love each other:cheerful:

my clown will actually bring it food. its really neat to watch. its almost like it is a trained trick it does. they love each other:cheerful:

Sometimes this could be bad. When I had the 75 gal with the larger clowns, they grabbed shrimp that I was trying to introduce into the tank and put them in the nem. :dejection: Luckily they only did it when the shrimp was in the water column. If they reached the rock, they were safe.

Sometimes this could be bad. When I had the 75 gal with the larger clowns, they grabbed shrimp that I was trying to introduce into the tank and put them in the nem. :dejection: Luckily they only did it when the shrimp was in the water column. If they reached the rock, they were safe.

Haha must of been a funny scene to watch.

I would love that! I can't even get my clowns to host in my nem. They get close to it but won't touch it.

I picked up a few uncooked shrimp from the grocery store and cut a piece off 1-2 times a week, completely thaw in tank water and feed him that. My anemone sucks it right up.

I wonder if that is enough nutrients for them though.

I've read somewhere it is, I've been feeding for about a month and a half and mine seems happy. I've also read people feed them silversides (didn't read through the whole thread yet) but that is what I was going to feed mine when I run out of Shrimp. I picked up 4-5 and each one lasts me about 2 weeks. They were out of silversides when I went to Pet Shanty.

I feed mine frozen shrimps I buy from a local Asian market. just cut them in half, let them thaw for about 20 min.. and then hang it by their tanticles and they grab and eat them quick. I do have clowns hosting both of my RBTAs. They are now about 12"+ wide when they open up. Ofcourse, strong light is a MUST for them, as well as, clean NITRATE free water.