• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What do you feed ?

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
So super simple I’m curious to see what you guys feed your tank.

When it come to the Red Sea I feed a mix of elos
BF1AE65D-5C05-428C-8AD3-95B65CE20AF9.jpeg

It’s super light so I have to mix it in water first so they don’t float but the fish seem to love it and the corals eat it as well. CA67BA62-3603-4A15-9F0C-87205AB140D6.jpeg

I do add a mix of purple seaweed and some nori for the tanks twice s week. What’s your feeding like ?

Salted

NJRC Member
I make my own. I grab a mix at the shoprite seafood counter. I do a mix of 6 mussels, 6 clams, 6 oysters (which I only get fresh/live and shuck myself), 1/3# each shrimp, squid, cod and salmon. That all goes in the blender with a few nori sheets, garlic and selcon. Then into freezer bags and I mash it out flat enough to be able to break off pieces. It's a bit of work but that's several months worth of food, and gets me way more food for my money than a bag of Rods from the lfs. I also keep two of the Two Little Fishes magnet mount plastic pouches with nori, one on each side of the tank, at all times. Four tangs to keep happy. I learned to pretreat with garlic and selcon. Take 1/2 sheet, put my selcon and garlic on, fold up and put in an extra pouch to dry. This way it stays in the sheet rather than wash out as soon as you put it in the tank, which doesn't help the fish or the wallet.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Have been going with a combo of LRS and pe mysis (or anything similar to those two depending on what I can get).

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I love my NYOS pellets. i have 3 different kinds. i also feed LRS fish frenzy, LRS reef frenzy, benepets, NYOS liquid plankton, julian sprung sea veggies, reef roids, selcon, vita chem. basically a whole bunch of stuff on rotation.

Prime reef flakes purple/geeen lid
Cool mysis cool greens
New life spectrum pellets

(comninstion of this "micro" auto fed 8-10 times a day via 3 auto feeders) over two connected tanks.

2 little fishies nori a couple times a week
Cube when I get home from work, and sometimes in the morning. Mysis, fish eggs, sometimes Rods when I'm feeling fancy.

I feed 90 gallons of water almost ten time a day.