• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What fish should I add?

I’m creating a 32.5g lps and softie tank with a 10g sump. I need help choosing fish! I keep doing research, finding a fish I like, then finding out it isn't comparable with another fish or coral that I want, leaving me to choose between the two. Currently, I have three fish, my cuc is all set (I’m open to suggestions, but I’m pretty solid on my choice), and I’m also pretty solid on my coral choices. My tank has a lot of swimming room, but also many rocks and crevices to explore (picture below). What do you think I should add?
D991240D-73FA-4638-952E-479019DBCCB5.jpeg

My Current Livestock:
- 1x Tailspot Blenny
- 2x Ocellarus Clownfish

Possible Livestock additions:

Fish:
- 1x Yellow Coria Wrasse
- 1x Royal Gramma
- 1x Firefish
- 2x Bangaii Cardinal Fish

CUC and Coral:
- 3x Trochus Snails
- 3x Serith Snails
- 2x Giant Nassarius Snails
- 1x Fighting Conch
- Acan Coral
- Zoanthid Garden
- Torch Coral
- Mushroom Coral
- Frogspawn Coral
- Kenya Tree Coral
- Hammer Coral
- Bubble Coral

DYIguy

NJRC Member
The coris might be too much for that tank- maybe a smaller wrasse. You can't go wrong with blennies- I have multiples in my 75- Canary, bicolor, 2 Molly Millers, striped, a yellow watchman goby isn't too big for that tank, neon, sharknose, barberpole gobies aren't too big and play well with others- the neon's and sharknose are also cleaners. With softies you could have a pygmy angel

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Yellow Coria Wrasse is for 50g or larger. Your other fish choices will fit nicely. If you are interested in a wrasse look at Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse. Gobies (Court Jester Goby, Hector Goby, Orange Spotted Goby, Shrimp Goby) are another options.

The coris might be too much for that tank- maybe a smaller wrasse. You can't go wrong with blennies- I have multiples in my 75- Canary, bicolor, 2 Molly Millers, striped, a yellow watchman goby isn't too big for that tank, neon, sharknose, barberpole gobies aren't too big and play well with others- the neon's and sharknose are also cleaners. With softies you could have a pygmy angel
Would a Pygmy Angel work in a 32.5g with both lps and softies?

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Would a Pygmy Angel work in a 32.5g with both lps and softies?
I have a torch and a hammer in my 75- the pygmy picks at algae, eats flakes and frozen- ignores all corals- no problems for me- I think @MadReefer has some dwarf angels in his tank with no issues either