• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

what is a good lighting timer

i am in need of a lighting timer powerstrip.

i have 1 acticnic bulb and my fans that i would like to come on at say 1pm until 11pm (2 plugs)

i have 1 daylight plug that i would like to come on at say 2pm until 10:30pm
so those 3 plugs would need to be on timers

then i have my 2 pumps, heater and moon lights which i would like to stay on all the time.

i dont get home until 430pm and go to be by 10 or 11, and i dont think that is enough time for my corals.

i know the coralife timer powerstrip would do this because i had one in the past, which i dont have anymore, but that one is really expensive.

is there one that would do the same things as the coralife that would not be too expensive or am i stuck with expensive unites those (also note, i would like one that i dont need to set everyday. i would like one that remembers the times i set everyday

Two powerstrips on two different wall sockets would be best with a $5 appliance timer on the end of each strip. Cover one of the powerstrip's outlets and put a splitter on one of the timers for the fans/actinics. Do not chain the powerstrips either.

these are what I use also.nice thing is it has multi plugs for the same timer 6 I think.
I only use 3 for halides. then a smaller one for actinics. Also pluged fans in with the halides

youpey said:
greg 45 said:
Profilux makes a stand alone timer strip.
Or you could purchase one of there units
All depends on your $

i cant find the power strip, got a linky

I have a coralife digital powerstrip that you can have for a few bucks or a frag. needs a new battery tho. I'll see if I can pick one up. pm me if you wanna pickup on the weekend.

i was able to get the product number from the link after the UID and do a product number search and it came up right away.

thanks for the help