• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What Pump and type of container do you use for your ATO

I've got my ATO on order and I'm debating on what pump i could hook up to it. it's a 90 with ~90-95G of total water volume after rocks, sand, adding the sump.

I saw somebody link a pet containers site but I can't seem to find it.

looking for suggestions, but also just looking to see what others use.

I got a Kingsford Charcoal container from Lowes. It holds maybe 8 gal of water and it has a nice handle on it. It all depends on where you plan on keeping it.

Well you saw mine, just using a 5 gal water bottle and a rio90 pump. working perfectly. What kind of ato did you get?

i use a aqueon small pump the smalled they make that is return pump style and 2.5 gallon water picture. i have to refill about once a week i have a 56 column reef tank with sump

Well you saw mine, just using a 5 gal water bottle and a rio90 pump. working perfectly. What kind of ato did you get?

I picked up the dual float switch kit that pairs up with the RKL I got from jim that I had you grab for me.

I have a spare MJ900 I just think it'd be way too strong lol.

As far as space goes there's 2 options. I've got a nice ~22in sq space next to my tank that I was debating on building a little enclosure for an ATO & painting it the same color as my stand. I'd build it to the height of the the bottom of the tank, so ~30 inches? I haven't measured yet, just know I have a decent area. might even build it strong enough for a cube frag tank and plumb that in :) but that's getting REALLY far ahead haha. The other option is I still have room under the tank for the ATO(20Lx16Wx22H) but I was thinking reactors could would there. but they could go anywhere. this side of the stand isn't seen as it sits in a corner.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I use an Aqua Lifter with ¼ inch tubing. It comes with a little hook, making it easy to hang where ever.

AquaLifter.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I thought you asked about pumps, but everyone is commenting on reservoirs. Well I use a five gallon bucket with five gallon water jugs on top….like old style water coolers. It gives me ten gallons total with a siphon point at the level of the five gallon bucket.

IMG_1706.jpg

I thought you asked about pumps, but everyone is commenting on reservoirs. Well I use a five gallon bucket with five gallon water jugs on top….like old style water coolers. It gives me ten gallons total with a siphon point at the level of the five gallon bucket.

I was actually just looking for ideas on both Paul.

I use an Aqualifter like Paul and have two 32G Brutes that sit in the crawlspace behind the wall....one for ATO one for water change...change pump for the water change obviously.

My work tank had a Aqua Lifter and a 5g bucket. My home take has a very small powerhead wired to a float switch and is placed in 1.5g container next to the sump because I'm limited on space in the sump area. But even with a 1.5g container I get a good 3 days out of it before it needs filling.