• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What the heck are these guys? Off-white, fuzzy face, tail, living in my over-flo

So I just noticed all these guys in the over-flow of my 60g reef tank. What the heck are they? Good or bad guys? They are a bunch of them … about 1/8” to 1/4” in size … they have a tail, so they must be something (?). Also, see the tiny tiny curl … not sure what that is either. Forgive my naiveté … if something *lives* … I tend to think I’m doing something *correctly* for once! ;)

1621_03_05_09_8_51_34.jpg

Re: What the heck are these guys? Off-white, fuzzy face, tail, living in my over

I believe they are sponges, filter feeders.

I had some in my last tanks over flow they are very good at cleaing the water.

I don't positively agree. The photo is a little small, but from what I can make out it looks like

original.jpg

- could be very wrong though and the little thing in the bottom right hand corner is a flatworm possibly but could just be some other thing. Some flatworms are not orange in color but transparent.

Can you take a closer picture of both and re-post so we can be totally sure?

I sincerely hope the other two responses are correct.

Looks like we have a winner! :D I would still like to see them really close up. That orange color has me curious.

Re: What the heck are these guys? Off-white, fuzzy face, tail, living in my over

Mynd i think the yellowish orange tint is from the lights source Sandee used. Its either a flashlight or regular lamps.

I think there so cool i wish i had some in my newer tank but they dont seem to grow in this one