• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What to do when a vendor is not responsive

i purchased my lighting unit for my biocube through a vendor on this site. i had them install it too as i didnt trust myself.

the fans have gone bad that go with the light and make a bunch of noise.

i contacted them via PM here and he responded right away saying he would contact them the following monday (december 19) and let me know. after i hadnt heard anything for over a week, i contacted them again. and i didnt hear anything. yesterday was 2 full weeks that i have dealt with really noisy fans.

at what point should i contact them again??

i have bought quite a few things from them in the past, but i havent been there since buying the lights, since xmas i didnt have any loot to buy anything so i havent gone, but i doubt that has anything to do with it. plus they are really far away so i havent had time either

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Businesses are super busy around the holidays. I would keep calling. However the club stays out of the business that sponsors run. Its not something we would want to be in the middle of. Hope you can understand that.

Edward771 said:
Businesses are super busy around the holidays. I would keep calling. However the club stays out of the business that sponsors run. Its not something we would want to be in the middle of. Hope you can understand that.

i certainly understand, i didnt want to post the name because of this

Hey Guys
I just wanted to let everyone know the vendor has emailed me and the fans are going to be mailed to me straight from the manufacturer

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would imagine that the holiday was the larger part of the delay. 4 to 6 of the 10 business days were holiday or near holiday where people were unable to connect with others. Hopefully now that the new year is in full swing you'll see the replacement fans quickly!

youpey said:
Hey Guys
I just wanted to let everyone know the vendor has emailed me and the fans are going to be mailed to me straight from the manufacturer

I'm sure that he did after he read the thread.

Being busy for two weeks and ignoring emails is not an excuse. Would you get away with that in your line of work?

There is nothing wrong with posting the name of the Vendor. If people want to heep accolades on vendors, then it is only fair to also post the negative things as well. How are other reefers going to know the true picture of a given vendor?
Ken