• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What to do?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I agree and was trying to avoid chemical route but now there is no choice other than breaking down.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
You can use reef flux even if its hair algae or bryopsis. I've had great luck using it for both. Best part is when it all starts to turn white your algae eats will go nuts for it and demolish it. The Sea Hare however I would look to rehome as soon as its under control.
I have not seen the Seahare in a week and not sure its alive.

I have not seen the Seahare in a week and not sure its alive.
Sea hares are masters of disguise and nocturnal. I have a 29 gallon and it sometimes took an hour to find my sea hare, even though it was the size of a potato . If it's not eating it, it's probably not gha

Salted

NJRC Member
I agree and was trying to avoid chemical route but now there is no choice other than breaking down.
I was in the same spot not that long ago. I’ve gotten over looking at medicinal treatments as the great Satan. Reef flux saved my tank or I’d be done now.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I order Flux Rx and not Reef Flux. Anyway dosed the rank yesterday morning and hoping for the best. States 3 days to see results but 10 to 14 to see true results.
Wish I could find the Seahare as I'm worried if it dies and nukes my tank.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not good if seahare is not noticeable.might need to do a underwater survey.

If it’s a Dolla Bella seahare it won’t nuke your tank if it dies. I was battling GHA and purchased a seahare twice. I watched him eat the GHA but they didn’t last over 5 days. I found them dead in tank both times. I gave up on them and ended up using Vibrant which worked amazing!

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
If it’s a Dolla Bella seahare it won’t nuke your tank if it dies. I was battling GHA and purchased a seahare twice. I watched him eat the GHA but they didn’t last over 5 days. I found them dead in tank both times. I gave up on them and ended up using Vibrant which worked amazing!
Not sure what kind picked it up from ACC.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I never turned off my skimmer with reef flux. No foam. Turn it back on.
Directions said remove all media and turn off skimmer. Results in 10/14 days . Never said when to turn skimmer on just add media after 14th day .

john90009

NJRC Member
If you see the plants start to die off, manually remove as much as you can and do decent waterchanges. There’s gonna be a lot of organics with that.