• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Whats a good entry level DSLR?

Its about time to purchase a decent camera and I was wondering what a good entry level DSLR would be. I dont want to spend a ton of money and id like something decent that I can learn with. Ive seen those point and shoot lookalikes but do they have a fast shutter speed? thats a feature i do like. Id mainly be using it for outdoor trips, scenery shots and of course shots of my tanks.

I would seek out an older model Canon or Nikon.

The rebel series for canon offer good quality at the "entry price". An older model would probably be a lot cheaper than the latest t4i.

The Nikon D3100 is the competition to the canon rebel.

But i'm sure most pros here would probably suggest a body of a nikon d90 or canon equivalent and get the lense separate.

I have the Nikon D3100 the camera is excellent the stock lens is not that good.. It takes excellent pictures out side.. But to get good pics of the tank you will need a better lens...

Hmm okay I will look into them. Has anyone had any experience with the camera I posted or an older model? I knowbitd not a dslr but its a good bridge from what I read

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

I still have a brand new/never opened Canon T3i with the 18-55mm that I picked up from Amazon.com - I picked up 2 T3i's and 2 - T3's on a coupon mistake. You have have it at cost if you want - $500. I just have not had the time to deal with CL or ebay.