• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What's wrong with my Duncan Coral

So I've had it in my tank for roughly 3 weeks, completely fine and healthy till about a week ago, closed up and retracted all the tentacles. I tried moving it to more flow, less flow more light, less light. High in the tank, low in the tank and in between. When's a good time to surrender on it and pull it out? All the rest of my corals thriving. It wasn't stung by anything else. And my fussy elegance coral and hammer coral are both doing fine and thriving one with pom pom xenia, zoas,shrooms and a few others. So I'm thinking it's not related to water quality. I've done a water change and changed the tank filter floss, both difference. 20190820_192228.jpg 20190820_192228.jpg 20190820_192222.jpg Any advice from you experienced guys?

Attachments

• 20190820_192208.jpg
    20190820_192208.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
If pull it out means To throw in trash. Well the answer is simple. Not till it’s dead. Corals can retract for any number of reasons and can do it for fairly long stretches. But if there is flesh. There is a chance. Assuming you do not have a water problem. Which is probably true. I say leave it be. My one question is that you said you changed the water.... did you test the water?

If pull it out means To throw in trash. Well the answer is simple. Not till it’s dead. Corals can retract for any number of reasons and can do it for fairly long stretches. But if there is flesh. There is a chance. Assuming you do not have a water problem. Which is probably true. I say leave it be. My one question is that you said you changed the water.... did you test the water?
No I didnt

if You don’t have any test kits. Just about every aquarium shop will test your water for free
Had the girl at petco test my water she said it was perfect, she knows her stuff and has 4 tanks of her own. Shes no Andrew but shes good. She was kinda at a loss also for my Duncan's behavior.

Had the girl at petco test my water she said it was perfect, she knows her stuff and has 4 tanks of her own. Shes no Andrew but shes good. She was kinda at a loss also for my Duncan's behavior.
Seems everyone has a coral that gives them trouble. In some cases its parameters. In others it’s unknown. And lastly. Not all creatures live a full expected life span. It’s possible It’s just it’s time. It’s sad. But it happens. What matters is the rest of your tank is doing well. Take solace in the knowledge of your exemplary husbandry

Dunkin might be agitated by a hermit or snail, or whatever critters u have In tank , happens in mine a lot , then they come back like nothing ever happened sometimes it takes weeks