• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where to buy big tanks?

Hi everyone,
I'm playing around with the idea of a bigger tank, like a 4-6 foot long one, preferably 6 because I would ideally like a yellow tang. So I'm trying to look around online, but I can't seem to find where on earth they're sold? Petco doesn't seem to have anything on their website bigger than nanos, petsmart has a 125 gallon kit online, but if I'm going to be playing around with this idea, I think I might like the thought of building a stand so the kits don't really interest me unless they're really cheap. I just want to buy a plain old tank or possibly one of the reef ready drilled ones. Aqueon has them on their website, they make them, yet I can't seem to find where they're sold!? I'm open to used tanks too and am looking around online, I'm just researching all of my options but it's impossible to find the cost of any of these tanks when they're not for sale anywhere!

If you havent already check with the manufacturers local distributors list, they should be able to order you the size your looking for, if your looking to pick see/pickup the tank right from the store(no ordering/shipping) its unlikely. Most LFS dont carry large tanks cuz they dont have room for them. Check out reef shoppe,fishtown usa, and pet-warehouse. I usually see one of them do a bulk order on big size tanks.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
No. They really cap it at 55. And even that is not 50% off. Especially since you pay tax on the full mark up not the discounted price.

No. They really cap it at 55. And even that is not 50% off. Especially since you pay tax on the full mark up not the discounted price.

That’s good to know, I’ll have to factor that in to any decisions about upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I had mine built from coast to coast in toms river. Expensive, but high quality and great customer service. They build to your spec. Good luck with the build!

Update for anyone wondering about the $/gallon sale. Went to percolate today, sale will be July 15 to August 18.
1929f42b49abdaa714cd338e6f4e1fb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk