• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where to find macros

Are there any shops in the central Jersey area that have a decent selection of macros. Looking mostly red kinds for the DP but open to some green and browns.

A local reefer has dragon breath red for 15.00 a bunch. Hes in Morganville. I have Sea Lettuce but need to grow more as I just pulled some. In Hazlet. Look under deals and steals forum

Preferably macros that arent very palatable. I got a foxface that would eat that stuff as soon as it goes in lol. Very messy eater ontop of that.
I'll check out the forum.

Last edited:

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
I have dragons breath for free but has flatworms and possible aiptasia... Might want to watch out. If you want some lmk though haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I’ve always had luck with Ocean gallery 2 with macros( found red grape algae), aquatic obsessions usually carry’s types of caluerpa, and sea level aquarium(occasionally gets blue Hepnea/dragons breath/types of gracilaria). As for non palatable only things that come time mind is halimeda, shaving brush, mangroves and chaeto(which Petco’s carry only magnet stores I think Woodbridge is one) .
I have chaeto,codium, red Ogo, and red grape algae(still growing). The rest I should have enough to make a portion of each

Preferably macros that arent very palatable. I got a foxface that would eat that stuff as soon as it goes in lol. Very messy eater ontop of that.
I'll check out the forum.
I got some dragons breath from the Aquarium Care Center. I expected my foxface to eat it right up, but it and my tangs ignored it. Y ou might be able to keep it up high.

radiata

NJRC Member
Are there any shops in the central Jersey area that have a decent selection of macros. Looking mostly red kinds for the DP but open to some green and browns.

If you're not too far, suggest you try the Jersey Shore. The Bay Side of Sandy Hook is a good source...