• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where to get a tank

I'm looking for a 30x30x30 or 30x30x24 RR tank. With AFY bankrupt and all the negative things I've heard about glasscages, where would I get something in these dimensions? I prefer glass, not crazy about acrylic.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Try one of our sponsors. TJF Pet Center may be able to help you out.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think the new monteray series is 36x36x29, if I'm not mistaken!

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
sgarron said:
I'm looking for a 30x30x30 or 30x30x24 RR tank. With AFY bankrupt and all the negative things I've heard about glasscages, where would I get something in these dimensions? I prefer glass, not crazy about acrylic.
I would contact Jim Roth about his tank,it came from glass cages.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Contact Harlequinreef. Austin just upgraded to a 48x48x20 with 3/4" starphire on all 3 viewing panels. Don't know where he got the tank from but he works at Trop.

Bob

The new Perfecto's are really nice but, 30" is the absolute limit. This is only in the planning stages but, I would like to keep it really simple. I can light a 30x30 with a single full size Lumenarc (250w or 400w depending on depth. I think it would be just the right size, almost like a 100g nano. I could always go with a 90 or 120 but want something a little different.

magic said:
Contact Harlequinreef. Austin just upgraded to a 48x48x20 with 3/4" starphire on all 3 viewing panels. Don't know where he got the tank from but he works at Trop.

Bob

reefaquariadesign.com

They built the reef at Red Bank Vet Hospital

RAD is based in Florida it seems. Harlequin did you just ask them to build your tank and they shipped it? I looked at their rates and was like :eek:

I work for RAD so that was my "in"....(still wasnt cheap with all the starphire). They build beautiful tanks but specialize in large/high end builds with lots of custom work (cabinetry,filtration, curved glass, etc). My tank is flawless and built to last a lifetime. You can try emailing them to get a quote, but smaller builds may not be worth their cost and shipping costs from Florida depending on your budget.
-Austin

Thanks. I was hoping for someone local. I'm thinking I might try it myself. Have some 1/2" glass cut to size and a tube of silicon, instant fish tank ;D