• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

White stringy stuff

I have this white stringy spider web looking stuff in a couple of places in my tank.

What can it be !!

0930082044.jpg

0930082044a.jpg

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It is the feeding strings of vermetiid(sp) snails. It is coming from that white tube in the middle right of the first picture.

Harmless hitch hiker.

panmanmatt said:
It is the feeding strings of vermetiid(sp) snails. It is coming from that white tube in the middle right of the first picture.

Harmless hitch hiker.

Thanks ! I didn't think it was harmful, it's just strang looking to me never so it before.

My tank has a bunch of those!!!!!! Everywhere I look in the rocks, bamm they are there. That and a large amount of bristle worms.

generally not a big deal, i've had a small amount of vermatid in my tank almost since the beginning, but i have heard of isolated instances of them taking over a tank.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
vamplillith said:
hey just say you got some wicked spiders living in your tank! :p
Saltwater Spiders!!!! :eek:

That is not something you want to wish for as most species of sea spiders feed on corals.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
vamplillith said:
panmanmatt said:
vamplillith said:
hey just say you got some wicked spiders living in your tank! :p
Saltwater Spiders!!!! :eek:

That is not something you want to wish for as most species of sea spiders feed on corals.

errr ...was a joke :mad:

That's fine, I meant nothing by it. Was just throwing the info out there for the folks that may not know sea spiders actually do exist.