• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Why cant i post in deals and steals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a paid member, just checked and it came out in November, but I have restricted access? What's going on???

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
You're registered as a non-paid member. Have you made a payment? The Paypal payment has to be manually activated here.

Been a paid member for over a decade. Privileges should not have been removed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220504-073822_PayPal.jpg
    Screenshot_20220504-073822_PayPal.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 21

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Yes you will be restricted until @Trio91 updates your acct. The renewals need to be done manually. Paypal & NJRC system doesn't update automatically anymore.

But you'll still take my money??? Who took my access away? If it's not automatic, why did someone go in and manually turned it off, even though its paid. That's on your end, not mine. So every year at renewal time I have to post that I paid. That's a huge flaw. Just fix it. You don't need one person to check. I showed proof. As of now it is theft of services, as I paid for access that is not being provided.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have responded to you in a group PM. Again I am so sorry for your inconvenience. It is a program that automatically turns it off when membership reaches its expiration. Paypal and our acct sometimes doesn't update payment. Your account will be updated as soon at @Trio91 logs in. I have no control of the bank acct or NJRC member updates.

@ecam

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@ThatGuy Where did you post the proof. I need your PayPal id and payment date and I can fix this in a few mins.
Thanks in advance for the patience.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
But you'll still take my money??? Who took my access away? If it's not automatic, why did someone go in and manually turned it off, even though its paid. That's on your end, not mine. So every year at renewal time I have to post that I paid. That's a huge flaw. Just fix it. You don't need one person to check. I showed proof. As of now it is theft of services, as I paid for access that is not being provided.
You should be set now, I responded to you in a pm.

Salted

NJRC Member
Wow, you are "that guy". :(

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
TG,
Keep in mind that this is all volunteer.
Most of us aren't very web commerce saavy, we have jobs, families, and we spend free time helping the board and community.
There was an error on our part, which you let us know about this morning.
Diana responded (in minutes) to let you know it was being addressed and explained the procedure.
Btw, Diana is an absolute sweetheart, she didn't deserve the agression she received when trying to help you.
By noon, on a working day, you received response from 2 board members.
By 3, again during work hours, a third board member helped resolved the issue.
I'm sorry the situation made you so angry.
M

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
TG,
Most of us aren't very web commerce saavy, we have jobs, families, and we spend free time helping the board and community.
Diana responded (in minutes) to let you know it was being addressed and explained the procedure.
Btw, Diana is an absolute sweetheart, she didn't deserve the agression she received when trying to help you.
M
Make that 3 as he also contacted me via private message. I also re-iterated what Diana stated prior.

TG,
M

It's the fact that I have been a paid member for so long. If everything is done "manually" as was stated, why was my membership changed? Someone had to manually disable it. Also the fact that I was told, only one person has the power to change access is ridiculous. My whole point was, my status should have never been changed from a paid membership and the power of changing it shouldn't be in one person's hands. Also to vilify me for being upset by mistakes made by board members, (slow clap).

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hey there :)

In a PM from yesterday you were told by @Trio91 The issue has to do with PayPal and not us directly. We've tried to solve the issue but for some reason, PayPal and the new forum didn't auto sync members when we switched over to the new forum. So it leaves us to manually upgrade users when their membership expires. So your membership status wasn't turned off by someone.

Relax...life is too short to get all upset over something so small

So they informed you it didn't sync automatically and you couldn't comprehend that, they apologized for the inconvenience and promptly responded to your issue and seemed to resolve it in the day. However you still had an outburst and continue to behave and speak like a child i.e "slow clap" I'd just refund him and remove him at this point. For all the years they've been on here excellent service we see true colors from this minor inconvenience.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
It's the fact that I have been a paid member for so long. If everything is done "manually" as was stated, why was my membership changed? Someone had to manually disable it. Also the fact that I was told, only one person has the power to change access is ridiculous. My whole point was, my status should have never been changed from a paid membership and the power of changing it shouldn't be in one person's hands. Also to vilify me for being upset by mistakes made by board members, (slow clap).
@ThatGuy no mistakes were made by any board member. Period

1. Memberships have an automatic expiration date. 1 year from your PayPal date that

2. Because of a disconnect between xenforo (web platform) and PayPal the memberships stopped syncing with PayPal.

So while the website processes the expiration internally the link between PayPal and xenforo is broken so that has to be done manually and some html background is needed.

If this is truly unacceptable and worth all this keyboard rants. Maybe you would like to change this process. we have 7 open positions to experience life as a board member and then maybe you can understand how amazing the staff is in what they do here with limited funds and much less less appreciate.

as for theft of service. The site cost a lot more to run than 1.67/mth to run. And we have a lot better things to do sir.

please be kind to the volunteer staff. We are trying to help with limited support.

Salted

NJRC Member
Also to vilify me for being upset by mistakes made by board members, (slow clap).
Sorry that you've misunderstood. You aren't being vilified for being upset, you can certainly be upset. You are being vilified for your comments towards volunteers that generally bend over backwards to help this small community. Perhaps there's another reef forum you'd be happier at.

You are being vilified for your comments towards volunteers that generally bend over backwards to help this small community. Perhaps there's another reef forum you'd be happier at.
Probably. This forum was a lot better back before most of you knew what a reef tank was.

Status
Not open for further replies.