• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Why, oh why?!?

How's this -

Fish_-_Cartoon_15%20copy.jpg

I can't get the color right either.

*giggle* Gee thanks.

.... if I could get my digital camera working (*I'm out of batteries and too lazy to go buy some tonight), I'd show you what I mean. I've finished much of the head and the barbels, but I'm stuck around the gill plates, working my way from snout to tail. It is not fun. I just can't seem to mix the right color. When I blend with white, it goes all milky, like a creamsicle. When I blend with yellow, it looks like orange juice, as opposed to rusty. When I blend with red or orange, it turns a bloody-ish color. Gah! All wrong!

*rips out hair*

Being in the art field, this is easy to answer. There are a lot shapes both in the outline of the fish along with the pattern of it's coloration.

Can I ask why you are trying to draw one?

kathainbowen said:
I've finished much of the head and the barbels, but I'm stuck around the gill plates, working my way from snout to tail.

Are you painting him or giving him a massage?

Hitman said:
Can I ask why you are trying to draw one?

Because it's there. :p

If you're in the art field, they you should understand. They're hawt! At least, artistically. They've got exquisite colors and unique repetitive shaping.

But, right now, it's kind of looking like crap on fire on a trisquit (if you're in the art field, maybe you've encountered Gary McKee. He put that term into my head, along with the varying degrees of "crap on fire" - most awesome man I've ever been publically ridiculed by!)

GregW said:
kathainbowen said:
I've finished much of the head and the barbels, but I'm stuck around the gill plates, working my way from snout to tail.

Are you painting him or giving him a massage?

No. But I have given him a personallity and a voice rather like Strongbad as he mentally taunts me.

Even now, as I'm taking a break to chat with a friend on AIM and rest my knuckles from grinding colors, he's staring at me..... its eye is kind of creepy.

C

concept3

kathy- use these :)

kl3.jpg

kl4.jpg

just add barbels to make them "Fu manchu"

pic taken from KLongo's meeting

Merv Rubiano said:
kathy- use these :)

While beautiful and utterly adorable (yes, I find vemonous predators adorable), I somehow think that fuzzy dwarf actually looks *harder* that my annoying little Fu Manchu. =/

Although, that's not going to stop me from admiring the color on that baby.

RANDOM UPDATE!

I got the body and all the spines done, but the caudal fin, being kind of see through, is just going to have to wait until I can get more of the background done. Huzzah!