• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Will a Paly eat a mushroom?

Thanks.

He had a pretty good grip on it. Didn't chance it, so I irritated the polyp until the shroom was released. Everyone seems fine

Technically speaking, they'd "eat" anything that would fall into it's "mouth" as a large majority of corals do. But i do believe zoas and Palys sort of just digest them by releasing toxins. (sort of like a jellyfish) as opposed to something like a lobo or scoly that'll pretty much swallow things. It would take a decent amount of time though so not something I'd worry about. I'm glad you were able to get them out.

I have the same mushrooms mixed in with my zoa garden in progress

DangerDave

NJRC Member
recently I broke a piece of monti off while I was doing some tank work the other day. It was small, maybe the size of a quarter. I couldn’t see where it was, so I went about my work. A few minutes later I had to walk around to the display to see something and I saw the monti piece I knocked off just as the flower nem was closing its mouth on it. Haven’t see it since, I assumed it would of spit it right out, or at least the skeleton after it dissolved the flesh.