• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Will a Refugium Fit ?

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Howdy,

I have a reefer 425 and I am using the stock sump modified to fit the reefmat 500, I removed the wall between the original sock and the fuge. I am now wondering if the chaeto will somehow clog / ruin the reefmat 500? I can shorten the corrugated hose that feeds the reefmat 500 to get the mat closer to the wall to save some room.

Any thoughts / ideas are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20240318_230446023.jpg
    PXL_20240318_230446023.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I don't foresee the chaeto clogging it but the fuge light may cause some nuisance algae on the reefmat. Perhaps moving it closer to the wall and somehow blocking the light from directly hitting the reefmat might help.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I don't foresee the chaeto clogging it but the fuge light may cause some nuisance algae on the reefmat. Perhaps moving it closer to the wall and somehow blocking the light from directly hitting the reefmat might help.
I was thinking of taking acrylic and building like a black wall around the fuge to restrict light bleed