• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wormer bleached Macro

My Red Graciliaria and Blue Ochtodes were doing fantastic in my 20 gallon AIO tank until I dosed with Parzipro for my fish, now the red pinked up and collected bubbles on leaves and the Blues got whiteish. Interesting thing is it didn't bother my Green Ogo and the other Red Graciliaria at all.

20200109_134857.thumb.jpg.ef08e2011e736093eda1421a6b17d926.jpg

Nitrates 0 Ammonia 0 Salinity 1.24 PH 8 since this is not a reef tank, I do not have any additional tests
Lighting is Current Satillite 18 watt (older model with bulb) and Marineland’s Hidden LED Aquarium Strip Light

I did water change (Reef Crystals) after the worming, replaced the charcoal, just restarted Skimmer.
I added Purple Tech and Strontium & Molbdenum last night.

20191212_191428.thumb.jpg.ee36c13efa305e7d00acc28516c87b8f.jpg

It is really upsetting because they were gorgeous and growing so well that I sent pieces to 2 friends (although those didn't ship well and they are working on keeping them alive too)

One more thing I noticed. The hair algae I usually battle is gone too.

Any suggestions on how to help them come back? Any help would be appreciated.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Never treat for fish disease in tank. Remove fish into QT and treat. Your lights are bleaching the algae from the treatment in tank. Move the top algae down until its strong again

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
If you have bristle worms, Parzipro may kill them. The die off can cause an ammonia spike. Watch your fish since the Parzipro can cause low oxygen levels

Not sure if it will help but beyond the obvious water change to dilute the Chems. I have had good luck dosing aminos. To get corals. Darker more vivid coloration.

Never treat for fish disease in tank. Remove fish into QT and treat. Your lights are bleaching the algae from the treatment in tank. Move the top algae down until its strong again
Thank you, that was what I was thinking of doing and understand why now.
My red grows really fast so I think I will remove the pink one.
Do you think I should trim off the white on the blue or leave it? There is blue under the white.

No bristle worms in tank :)

There was a lot of red under the pink so I trimmed it down and it is looking better.
The blue broke away from it's rock as I was moving it down so I pulled some of the white off as I was tying it down again. There was blue under the white and it is starting to look better.