• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Worms

I was going to wait this out, but there's so little activity here, I figured I'd try to jump start a convo....

Mostly when it's dark and sometimes during the day, I see tiny -- hair sized -- black worms crawling around my LR and, if they happen to be there, on my snails' shells. Has anyone experienced this at all? Thanks for the help.

Oh, and my cleaner shrimp molted for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. I was wondering why it was haning in a new spot in the tank -- then noticed it's shell in the "normal" place... aahhh

paula, its hard to say without a pic. there is so many different kind of worms. it seems the longer that your live rock is in the tank the more things you will see. theres alot of different things. ive seen brown worms ,black worms, zebra striped, bristle, some may not be worms but arms like a brittle star. if you can get a pic up maybe we can id it for you. some of my snails have tube worms with feather dusters on them.

I've got a couple, but still haven't been granted "member" access, so I can't post them here yet. As soon as I have permission, I will let you all see.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paula, did you pay your dues? If so then contacting Jason or Jeff should get you access to the member area of the site. Let me know if you need help and I'll see what I can find out.