• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB ~300 gph return pump

I have an IM nuvo 16g nano tank that has a rear sump area. The stock pump blew out and the pump I have currently is awfully loud.

Does anyone have a small pump they are willing to part with that can churn out around 300 gph?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
First off, I have no pump to offer......just my two cents. If you end up having to purchase new, I would highly recommend the Cobalt MJ1200.....pumps 295 gph. This is the original Maxijet pump made by the original Italian company....a workhorse of a pump. The newer Marineland Maxijet pumps (now made in China), are crap, and don't last....don't waste your money on these cheap imitations. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the pump you have now, making all that noise, is one of these Maxijet pumps. Note that the Cobalt isn't cheap, but the quality of the pump is worth the approximate $40 price tag. However, if you like noise, and wish to replace once again, the Maxijet can be had for about $27.