• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB 40 gallon breeder or something 36x18

I need glass (not tempered) approximately 36 x18 to make a sump. Tank can be in bad shape I will be taking it apart and using the pains. Let’s see what’s out there. Thanks for looking.

update as I see I was not specific. The 18” is front to back not height. In short I need the bottom plate. Measurement is not critical as I can cut it but max size of the single piece of glass is 36 X 18

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I got an Aqueon 29g, 30.25" x 12.5" x 18.75", very newish.
From what I understand they only use non-tempered glass in all tanks under 40g.
Yours if you want it, just gimme a call or text (I'll be out a lot today).

Just did the polarized glasses check.
Its normal non-tempered glass.
Super nice of you. I left out a critical piece of info on the measurement. The 18” is front to back. That’s my problem. I have old 55’s but they are also 12” front to back. It’s the bottom piece of glass that’s got me stuck. I specifically need the bottom plate. Pretty easy for the sides as just about any tank 30 to 36 will work. It’s the 36 x 18. Bottom plate that’s the trouble. But once again. Thanks Mark. Your the best.

No busted or cracked tanks out there. I can’t be the only pack rat in the hobby :oo: Even just the bottom plate if it’s big enough.:p

Update... I got the 40 breaded (thanks for pointing me in the right direction @Wilson ) still looking for glass, so anything out there 30 x 18 ( hight doesn’t matter ). Thanks again all
Happy reefing.