• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB ATO

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I did a bit of research on 'simple' ATOs and found this...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NC9DPR9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Seems to have good reviews on many sites. I set it up on a 40 nano and have been messing with it trying to stump it or make it screw up to no avail. Pump is small but powerful, magnet strong, pretty accurate.
I don't think I'd use it on a big tank without a backup, but it seems a pretty solid unit.

I've also been running an Icecap for almost 2 years on one of my tanks. It's mid range at about $120 but I've never had a problem with it and sometimes get annoyed that its so precise with its alarms. Highly recommend IMHO.

I also have a couple of old Tunze bits, 2 pumps, 2 relay switches/boxes, a power supply, etc, that I was eventually going to list for part on ebay (they all seem to work). I'm not a Tunze fan anymore when it comes to their ATOs. I'm sure theres an entire working ATO in there (without the upgraded sensor). Drop me a frag for a trade or come pick it up if you like :)

Last edited: