• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB Bubble Blaster HY2000 Skimmer Pump (Toms River 08755)

Hey everyone! I got a Reef Octopus xp2000sss with the tank that I bought. The skimmer pump is broken though (the magnet swelled). Looking to buy a replacement...Or advice on MacGyvering an internal skimmer pump.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Post a pic if the impeller. I have many different ones I saved. If one will work its yours or stop by with the skimmer and try all of them.
I am in Lakewood.

Here's a stock picture of the impeller and how it attaches to the skimmer. Thats mighty kind of you to offer Mark!

Attachments

• bubble-blaster-hy2000s-pump.jpg
    bubble-blaster-hy2000s-pump.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Reef Octopus XP2000.jpg
    Reef Octopus XP2000.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5
I just bought this new pump for my octo 3000 It was pretty easy to find with a google search. Can't remember the exact vendor though.
TIoYStt.jpg

@paintman27 Yep! Thats the one! If it comes down to me having to buy new from a vendor, I'm okay with that. Thought I'd check the club to see if anyone had a used or unboxed one first. The cost of one of these pumps right now is around $270. I could buy a new bubble magus PS that would fit my tank at that price and I wouldn't have to worry about buying a more expensive impeller later on- should it fail.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Here is what I have. The rod fits in both but cannot find magnet for gray one.

Attachments

• 20210303_170347.jpg
    20210303_170347.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 20210303_170322.jpg
    20210303_170322.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Dang! The grey one might have worked but the magnet is the part that was most important. Thanks anyways!