• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB: cheap/free Tank.

Hi.

I used to be into saltwater then my dad lost his job so i had to sell it all. Last night i just found 70 bucks of store credit so i thought id start a freshwater setup with it maybe and was wondering if anyone had any fish tanks they were getting rid of.

-Thanks!!

Hmmm..this is weird. I responded to this post yesterday, but that response is gone now. ???

Anyway, to repeat, I have a 15 year old 55 gallon tank sitting in my basement doing nothing. It had been in continuous use until February of this year, when I replaced it with a 90 because my fish were too big for the 55. I have no more space for or time to maintain the extra tank. It sits on a wooden stand that is not "exactly" fitted for a rectangular 55, as it originally had a 5 sided tank on it. The front 2 corners hang over by and inch or so. As it's only a 55, it's never been a problem. The plastic hinges on the glass tops no longer connect together, but that doesn't really affect anything. It has a standard fluorescent light fixture that works, though that's not in the best of condition either. No filters or heaters, as those got recycled into the next tank. Could probably still scrounge up the pieces of the undergravel filter.

I need the space back in my basement and I really hesitate to sell it to anybody, because of it's age - though it's never leaked.

Your welcome to it if you want it. I live off Rt 15 halfway between Sparta and Rockaway in Jefferson Township.

^^^ sounds like a good deal.. just spend 10 bucks and build a stand from 2x4's to fit a little better if you want..

Free Bump! :)

HEY ALL OF YOU ENABLERS!! That is how this addiction started for all of us. First it is just a little, then more, then you get into the hard stuff. THEN AN ADDICT!
Leave the guy alone.

NO FISH TANKS FOR YOU!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll give you the first one for freeeee....

Yeah, I see how you work!

If you didn't get a tank yet I have a 45 gallon corner nice stand and a canopy you can have canopy needs to be sanded but it is a nice oak one

I have a 38 Gallon, mirrored back tank just waiting for someone to take it home. Itr was one of my first tanks. Not leaks, and excellent for Freshwater. If you are still looking, let me know ok. I don't want a lot, let me know what you have and we can work out something. BUT I need to warn you, ONCE you get back in, freshwater will lead to saltwater.

edwin