• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB Frag Tanks

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
93FD35CC-3C51-47F2-9752-406BC98D560B.png B4E998BC-A013-41F5-BAAF-A4474BF0F459.png

Hello
I don’t even bother getting used frag tanks.
The zoo med frag tanks are soo cheap.

It’s the perfect size 48 x 24 x 10

And it’s dirt cheap ($130) If you don’t know how to drill it. Your local fish store can usually drill it for you for cheap.

Zoo Med Tank Low Boy Frag 50g SD-3 {L-2}

I get my tanks from aquatic obsession in Avenel Nj ask for Will he can order these for you.

If you need a stand for it and don’t want to make it your self. This one from Home Depot is the perfect size and you can build it as two separate racks side by side. That would accommodate two tanks and sump

78 in. H x 48 in. W x 24 in. D 5 Shelf Steel Unit

Husky 78 in. H x 48 in. W x 24 in. D 5 Shelf Steel Unit-MR482478W5 - The Home Depot

Last edited:

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Thanks. I’m using the lowboy now. I like it, cheap and easy. I was hoping to find something deeper for at least one of them.

This is going to be the new sump, and it’s going to sit underneath two low boys that are going to be on tables about 37” high.

8062D5FA-EE60-4B0B-ADBD-D38CD2010EB4.jpeg

This photo is dated, but I have so much in the one low boy that I’m proximity issues between the corals.

0BB8BC05-67D8-437E-8FE3-69E43D49CA5A.jpeg

View attachment 23012

This photo is dated, but I have so much in the one low boy that I’m proximity issues between the corals.

hi Dave,
Where did you get that sump from and whats the name of this kind of container? I've seen it for years in commercial application but never could find it when searching. As everything else its probably went up by 2-3 times the pre covid prices.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I believe that is the exact container in a different color. I got it from granger, and it’s that same brand.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Haha not me. It’s been a roller coaster just trying to keep it alive while I’m away. Been two month long stretches now, each time with a new problem. I’m getting better at paying attn remote, and I have the boys here to help as I need it. So far they just did what I asked, but one of them started showing interest. I dunno if he’ll take over but at least he’ll be somewhat knowledgeable next time I need emergency services!