• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB Hannah Checkers

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I’m looking to buy Calcium and Alkalinity Hannah Checkers if anyone has them laying around that they’re not using anymore.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I’m looking to buy Calcium and Alkalinity Hannah Checkers if anyone has them laying around that they’re not using anymore.

The Hanna checkers has to be some of the best investments you can make in reef keeping. When my $600 trident failed I used my $50 Hanna checker to see what my alk was. Lol

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Lol well if you ever decide to get that trident again I’ll buy the checkers from you.

I wouldn’t sell my Hanna no matter what. It’s the only tester I trust. I have a Hanna alk/ calcium and salinity and I don’t need anything else.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I have the low phosphate checker and love it. I’d like to start getting corals in the next month so I want to start testing my calcium and alk soon. I haven’t tested for them yet.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@amado, you trust the calcium checker? I’ve read mixed reviews. I love the alk checker.

You have to use purified water and it’s not as easy as the alk but I don’t test calcium that often. Done correctly you will get the same reading. With calcium I am look for a range.

Thanks. I agree that a range is more important with calcium, and I definitely test alk more often.

Good luck with the search Jamie!

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I have Hanna calcium (used once lol), phosphate is part with. I may have others, have to check. I’m down in little egg though...