• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB Kessils

Hey guys after are last few talks I decided I was gonna bite the bullet and buy some Kessils.
In the past I always eyed the lights for there awesome attributes but cringed at the price.. But with great quality comes great price I guess.
So I think two would be perfect but I have a few questions. As per kessil both the A160w and the A360w have the same coverage and penetration is close with the 360 having a few more inches. Other then 60w vs 90w and the slight difference in penetration can anyone give me some imput on why I should choose one over the other?
Lastly in attempt to save a little bit if anyone knows of anyone selling there kessil lights perferably 2 lights also controllers and mounts if available please let me know

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey guys after are last few talks I decided I was gonna bite the bullet and buy some Kessils.
In the past I always eyed the lights for there awesome attributes but cringed at the price.. But with great quality comes great price I guess.
So I think two would be perfect but I have a few questions. As per kessil both the A160w and the A360w have the same coverage and penetration is close with the 360 having a few more inches. Other then 60w vs 90w and the slight difference in penetration can anyone give me some imput on why I should choose one over the other?
Lastly in attempt to save a little bit if anyone knows of anyone selling there kessil lights perferably 2 lights also controllers and mounts if available please let me know

Glad you've decided on a light! I believe you have a 120 so I definitely recommend the 2x360s vs 2x160. the 160s would be enough for softies but for future proofing the 360s will provide you the coverage and intensity for your size tank. 2x360s is actually the bare minimum I would do for your size tank, 3 would be my recommendation but since you do not have SPS, 2 will be more than good enough for the time being.

not to knock on our forum here, but I suggest going on R2R or MR and gander at there For Sale section, you'll have better luck finding someone selling 360s there.

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
In real world applications the spread and penetration is very different between the two. The 160 does approx 18 x 18. The 360we does 24x24. For your tank you're going to need 2 360's. 160's would be a waste of money.