• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB reef ready tank or parts for a 30-45 gallon (Toms River or Ocean/Monmouth/Middlesex County)

Hello all!

I'm new to the hobby and would like to start out with a 30-45 gallon tank. Realistically I'm fine with anything that will fit in a 40"x 24" area. Ideally trying to find someone who is selling a reef ready set up. I've been eyeing the Red Sea Reefer 250, but that is way too expensive for me brand new. My short term goal is to host some polyps or bubble coral with two clownish, eventually moving on to anemone. Any guidance or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
K9Chris

I’ve got a really good solution for you. 38.5” at it’s maximum long. 29 gallon tank drilled. Nice stand and topper. Even has a Halide lamp to get you up and running.

Best part - it’s free!

I got this from Brokereefer (for free) but have a different project going. You are more than welcome to it. It’s a nice setup - I think you’ll like it.

PM me if interested.

Attachments

• 4DF04414-2C07-4B58-B2F7-B5B56A09E7F3.jpeg
    4DF04414-2C07-4B58-B2F7-B5B56A09E7F3.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • C7C7782B-0DBC-4991-B276-0F9895A89D8C.jpeg
    C7C7782B-0DBC-4991-B276-0F9895A89D8C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hey @diana a , just PMed Roman to see if logistics can work. I'm starting to question myself. I'm really only constrained to the 40" wide area and dont know if I should be starting out with a larger tank if possible. I also have to figure out logistics as I only have a Toyota Corolla to transport things. Free is a GREAT deal though.

All that I ask is for you to join the club. It’s only $20 (obviously the tank is worth way more than that) and it really helps out the team. Look on the main page for instructions on how to do it. It’s totally worth it.
I’ll PM you back.

@diana a thank you! Honestly, 20 dollars isnt much compared to the savings and information I end up gathering from these boards. Between reef2reef and NJreefers, I'm saving a lot of time and money when it comes to research and used items.

Salted

NJRC Member
@diana a thank you! Honestly, 20 dollars isnt much compared to the savings and information I end up gathering from these boards. Between reef2reef and NJreefers, I'm saving a lot of time and money when it comes to research and used items.
Now that you're a paid member please post your location here; https://www.njreefers.org/threads/the-where-am-i-thread.104633/ . It helps us help each other. I have a truck and access to a trailer and am happy to help members move tanks that don't fit in a Corolla. Depends on location, my availability and my ability to borrow the trailer from a friend though.