• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wtt eheim 1262 for 1260 or comparable

Well I thought having the 1262 would be fine but I have to turn it down almost 3/4 to get it to not create a flushing noise. I'd like to trade it for a 1260 or comparable pump. Somewhere in the 500gph range at 4 ft of.head.

Sent from my mind.

if you have flushing noise, you might want to check with your air intake from the overflow. changing the pump might now solve your problem

It's due to too much power, I figure the bulkhead can handle about 700 gph max, the pump does about 725/800. If I turn the ball valve almost 3/4 way close it stops flushing and just hear sound of water flowing

Sent from my mind.

Perfect timing! How old is your 1262? My 1260 is about 4 months old. I replumbed my tank this weekend and teed off my return to my fuge. I've been thinking that might need a little more flow. Where are you located? I'm in SJ.

Mine is about hmm 6 months? No more than 8, I have to check how long I've had my 75g before it crapped out. I'm in 07006

Sent from my mind.