• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WWE and Tanked

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I enjoyed the show and it had a small part in getting me into the hobby so it's disappointing to hear this.

If that’s the real story I’m happy they out of business. I did like the show and always thought what water do they use!! Sea water so the animals are ready to go!! That’s just wrong

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
It was a shame. Before the show ATM use to make some pretty nice tanks. When they got the show the quality went way down. It became more about making TV then the health of these animals. Probably the worst was the story of the Coney Island shark tank........

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
when I went to ATM in Vegas a few years back, they explained to me how everything worked. every celebrity has a budget by the network. the bigger rhe celebrity, the bigger the budget. they never dropped a single dime. all their profit came from the show and the non celebrity customers. they were real kool people overall though. definitely east coast personalities. but reality TV is just that. it's a show. it's entertainment. I think out of every episode, they only had 1 real reef setup. it was some guy from long Island if I'm correct.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Brett was and will always be all about himself. That show went to his head and beyond.
A304C009-BC75-4E6C-8C8D-3BC0FDAF7BF6.png

I work with people across my socio economic classes, countries, regions, etc. Although I used to think people were jerks and 'stupid', what I have come to realize is that they were a product of their upbringing and situation. I stopped trying to judge people by my standards because almost everyone failed..but then started to measure them by their standards. If they failed by 'their' standards, I would then proceed to consider them a jerk or stupid.

With all of that being said, just because they might measure up to their standards and I give them a pass...if they dont measure up to my standards I just dont associate with them. In this situation, i didnt watch the show.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
When was that posted? I'm curious on the threads reaction to that comment by Brett
Way back when the show was canceled. 2019 I believe. If I remember correctly that wasn’t his only comment.