• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Yellow acropora turning green

C

charterreefer

First I must state that I have read the "Guide of SPS coral coloration (make them more vivid, bright)". I read the small paragraph about yellow corals. The problem is I don't have high nutrients so this article (paragraph) is not addressing any other cause of yellow corals turning green. Furthermore, I had a Triton water test done lately and they recommended feeding more as my PO4 level was too low! The nitrate level is low too, being 0.5- 1.0 ppm.
I have 2 250Watt 20k radiums 3 ati actinics and 1 ati daylight over the tank.

Anyone else with any info besides reading that guide?? Apparently, there must be something else going on besides high nutrient levels.
Did anyone have this issue and then solved it and got their acros back to yellow? I tried R2R with no luck.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Depends on your lights as well. Different intensity lights can bring out different colors. Yellow SPS can be really hard to keep that way, what lights are you running and where in the tank is the coral?